Wednesday, December 3, 2008
What's Next in East Africa?
So today is the last day of this years East Africa study abroad program. One student has already left the grou and soon we will all be scattering for our individual adventures. While I absolutely adore every memeber of this group and will truely be sad to see them go, I am exceptionally excited to move more as an individual and spend some time away from the group of 25. However, now I have to start making plans for my next few weeks of travel before going home. This upcoming week a group of us (Charles, Mika, Sarah, Rachel, Whitney, Adam K, Adam L and I) will travel up to Moshi in order to climb Killimanjaro. After hearing so much about this mountain from various sources, I am extremely excited to see all its various ecosystems and to make it to the top. After that Leonora and I are going to travel up to Uganda in order to experience the culture, see chimps and hopefully engage in some outdoor activities. While (besides Killi) my travels aren't too planned I am so excited to be able to follow my interests and explore the various places that interest me. So all in all it should be pretty wonderful!
