Although I won't be on my way to Mongolia for over ten days, I wanted to provide you all with an address just in case you feel like writing me - which I would absolutely love!!
The Peace Corps states in it's Welcome Book that, "Mail to Mongolia generally takes two to four weeks to arrive, and some mail may never arrive. Occasionally, letters may arrive with clipped edges because someone has tried to see if any money was inside. Also, some boxes may be opened by customs officials to ensure nothing illegal is being shipped." But that certainly sounds no worse than the postal system in most developing countries. However, in order to increase the chance of the mail arriving, please write "Airmail" on the envelope and try to write the address in cyrillic.
While a Peace Corps Trainee (thus the PCT behing my name) I will be using the following addresses. Once I have been sworn in as a Peace Corps volunteer (August) I will move to my community and will get a new address.
My address in English:
Cara Eandi, PCT
Post Office Box 1036
Central Post Office
Ulaanbaatar 13
Mongolia (via China)
My address in Cyrillic:
Cara Eandi, PCT
Энх Танвны Корпус
Тов Шуудан
Шуудангийи хайрцаг 1036
Улаанбаатар 13
Монгол Улс
Mongolia (Via China)
If you write, thanks so much in advance. I know that news from friends, family, and home will be wonderful to hear and will be such a support during my time with Peace Corps in Mongolia.
